Zero Waste Lifestyle Essentials - Everything You Need to Get Started
Living a zero waste lifestyle is becoming increasingly popular as people become more aware of the impact their daily habits have on the environment. One of the ways to reduce waste is by using zero waste lifestyle products. These products are designed to be reusable, compostable or biodegradable, and they help to reduce the amount of waste that ends up in landfills. According to a report by the Environmental Protection Agency, in 2018, Americans generated 292.4 million tons of municipal solid waste, and only about 32% of that was recycled. By using zero waste lifestyle products, we can help to reduce this number and make a positive impact on the environment.
One of the most popular zero waste lifestyle products is the reusable water bottle. According to the Plastic Pollution Coalition, Americans use 50 billion plastic water bottles each year, and only 23% of those are recycled. By using a reusable water bottle, we can significantly reduce the amount of plastic waste that ends up in landfills and oceans. Additionally, using a reusable water bottle can save money in the long run, as we won't have to keep buying single-use plastic water bottles.
Another zero waste lifestyle product that is gaining popularity is the reusable grocery bag. According to the World Wildlife Fund, Americans use 100 billion plastic bags each year, and less than 1% of those are recycled. By using a reusable grocery bag, we can reduce the amount of plastic waste that ends up in landfills and oceans. Additionally, many grocery stores offer discounts to customers who bring their own bags, which can help to save money in the long run.
Living a zero-waste lifestyle is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and help the environment. If you're looking to make the switch, here are the top ten zero-waste lifestyle products you should try:
1. Reusable water bottles - Ditch single-use plastic bottles and invest in a reusable water bottle. There are many options available, from stainless steel to glass.
2. Non-plastic wrap made of biodegradable corn - Replace plastic wrap with biodegradable wraps, but steer clear of beeswax warps. We don't really need to steal from bees to save the environment. Why harm animals when biodegradable wrap is an easy replacement, right?
3. Cloth produce bags - Instead of using plastic bags for fruits and vegetables, use cloth produce bags. They are washable and can be used over and over again.
4. Bamboo utensils - Bring your own bamboo utensils instead of using disposable plastic ones. They are lightweight and easy to carry around. Check out our handy travel pack!
5. Stainless steel straws - Say goodbye to plastic straws and switch to stainless steel ones. They are durable and can be used for years.
6. Compost bin - Start composting your food scraps instead of throwing them away. A compost bin can turn your waste into nutrient-rich soil.
7. Reusable coffee cup - Bring your own reusable coffee cup to your favorite coffee shop. Many coffee shops offer discounts for bringing your own cup.
8. Safety razor - Ditch disposable razors and switch to a safety razor. They are durable and can be used year after year.
9. Bar soap - Replace liquid soap with bar soap. It comes in minimal packaging and can be used for both body and face. Check out our collections for lots of options.
10. Luffa sponges - Replace those plastic kitchen sponges with natural and biodegradeable luffa sponges from the luffa plant.
By incorporating these zero-waste lifestyle products into your daily routine, you can make a positive impact on the environment while also saving money in the long run. Zero waste lifestyle products are a great way to reduce waste and make a positive impact.